Monday, June 19, 2006

I'm cheap

I do love wool. But it is usually outside my price range. Acrylic isn't (quiet in the peanut gallery, please). I am not a yarn snob, I realise that certain yarns have certain purposes. Take this "heather tweedy" acrylic stuff, for example. It will make an excellent octopus-inspired monster. It's washable, durable and cheap. That white (acrylic) stuff will be for sewing on some details and features. The green stuff is 100% cotton and I think it shall be destined for this little project during study week. Don't hate the knitter, hate the cheap yarn!

1 comment:

  1. Inexpensive doesn't have to mean cheap! I've found some of my best yarns (and fibres for spinning) at the thrift shop; they don't know what it is!! I was just at a new shop here, found some great-looking sock yarn -- for $65.95. No, I didn't get any.

    The right yarn is anything that makes you happy when you are knitting with it.

    ReplyDelete

Please include an e-mail address so I can reply privately!