Friday, October 20, 2006

An experiment

So I've been doing a lot of studying and paper writing, as well as a little knitting.

I have abandoned one mystery project. Well, not abandoned, but it has been changed from PPs to PMs, as I think I would have a nervous breakdown due to the accumulation of stress lately if I had to keep on trying to design it, there were just too many factors against me. Maybe I'll try again when the situation is more favourable.

I stopped by my not-so-LYS because I was in the neighbourhood (re: downtown) picking up a travelling tube for my art education class. Apparently they carry Addi Turbos. Which I have never tried. And I recall my mystery pattern book saying that it could be worked on 12" circulars. Apparently the smallest they carry is 16". So I said 'what the heck' and bought them. Yea... not so smart. But now I have a pair of Addi Turbos to play with. If I ever start a project requiring 16" circs... Any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. It will be interesting to see the suggestions. I personally find it uncomfortable to knit with anything under 24", so no suggestions here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can use size 16 for purses, scarves, hats. Elizabeth Zimmerman said you can make anything with a size 16 and a size 24 inch circular needle. So far, she hasn't been proved wrong by me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog (thanks for commenting on mine!) and I'm convinced that if I was an 18yr old boy - I would be you. Starting postings with 'singing' and curses? I thought that was MY thing! Ha-ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, i use my 16" addi's for hats... they move so quickly....

    ReplyDelete

Please include an e-mail address so I can reply privately!