Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Dawn

I have come to an interesting realisation. I knit to unwind, to destress, to relax. I worked my last shift at my (now old) job a little over a week ago, and I don't start my courses again until the fifth of September. Also, my family is currently in Italy, they left about the same time I got off work. So really, overall, I am pretty relaxed right now, and when I am relaxed, knitting seems to fall by the wayside somewhat. Frankly, I haven't been doing much of anything at all, I don't know how I have managed to waste this much time, but it is a much needed break. Once classes get underway, I will have plenty of procrastination to do, so I should get updating again sooner or later, but for now, I'm going biking! Whee!

5 comments:

  1. hehehe

    Yes, it's good to not have to go to work anymore, and to have everyone gone to leave you alone... and you don't have to do a thing! Not a single thing! And is that such a bad thing?

    Every once in a while, a completely nothing day is the perfect remedy! It's not wasted. You need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when I'm knitting and then realize the tension has left me...the breathing comes easier, the muscles relax...it's so pleasant. Last night when working on my DF shawl, I nearly knit myself to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree, i really could have worked on my sock at work yesterday! my head felt like it was going to explode. I think from now on. I'll always travel with sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the time off while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. not doing anything is sometimes the best thing of all to do!

    ReplyDelete

Please include an e-mail address so I can reply privately!