Wednesday, January 19, 2011

In which my hands are toasty warm

I am by nature not a mitten person. Or a glove person. Or a hat or scarf person. So I rarely keep or even make knits for myself.

But I have actually been wearing these around lately! Sure they're slightly fraternal (no, I didn't block them), but they fit and are so nice and sqwooshy.

IMG_1184

Pattern is Grove, from the absolutely amazing Jared Flood's Made in Brooklyn (have I mentioned lately how I want to be him?), knit on 4.5mm needles with just under two balls of Rowan Felted Tweed held doubled to beef up the fabric and size them up for large hands. I also replaced the YOs with m1s and the ptbls with regular purls.

IMG_1179

Click through to flickr for a few more photos.

Next... Colours!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely mitts - that's one book I haven't gotten around to yet. BTB, Jared Flood is teaching a couple of classes at the Minnesota Knitters' Guild's Yarnover event on Saturday, April 30 in the Twin Cities.

    Just in case you have some time to kill . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you butched these up! Such a great pattern, Felted Tweed was such the right call:)

    ReplyDelete

Please include an e-mail address so I can reply privately!